To configure a forward, do the following:
1. Click the forward. This will open its properties on the right:
2. Configure forward properties:
- <b>Local</b>: the local address your mail is forwarded from.
- <b>Remote</b>: any local or external address your mail is forwarded to.
- <b>Catch All</b>: if it's on, any email sent to a nonexistent account on your domain will be forwarded to the remote address(es).
Example: you have a forward from firstname.lastname@example.org pointing to email@example.com. If you mark this forward as catch all, incoming mail will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. If someone sends an email to email@example.com, which doesn't exist, this particular message will still arrive at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this forward wasn't marked as catch all, this message would bounce back to the sender with an error notification.
- <b>Delete</b>: click the wastebasket icon to delete the forwarding rule.
- <b>Trouble Ticket</b>: send your technical administrator a Trouble Ticket to get assistance with the forwarding rule.
Note: You can have a mailbox named, say, email@example.com and then create a forward with exactly the same name, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org. However, in H-Sphere no mail sent to email@example.com is stored in it. A forward works only as a foward.